Big Brother Canada Recap
Toms Bridges Are Burning
Last episode we saw Gary earn the HoH after we found out Emmet cheated in the last HoH competition. Gary then made one of the biggest moves of the season by nominating Tom and Liza, one of the biggest showmances in the house. Will Tom win the Power of Veto and save himself?
(Winning the Power of Veto means you can change one of the nominations.)
Competition: Big Brother Bonspiel
Players: Gary, Tom, Liza, Alec, AJ, and Jillian
Each player was partnered with one of the house guests that wasn't participating. The players would be put head to head in an elimination curling game where the last man standing would win Veto. The curling rocks ended up being giant blocks of ice that the non-competing players would sit on while the players tried to slide the closest to the black line. Tom, Alec and AJ all one there first round, Alec then beat Tom and AJ couldn't punch the I've block farther than Alec.
Alec decided not to use the Power of Veto so that he could gain some trust with Gary and his friends.
(The two players currently nominated for eviction.)
Tom - Tom has been talking like there is no way he can go home and before the PoV he continually told Liza that once he came off the block he would campaign to keep her safe. The only problem with that plan is that he didn't win the PoV and he ended the episode as the main target to go home.
Liza - She was on the brink of being eliminated and if it wasn't for Tom being an idiot she would be going home.
(Here's an update on all the alliances in the house.)
- Tom and Liza will be the first showmance split up.
- AJ and Andrew are now the Old Guys Alliance
- The Quattro is done and I wonder if the Alec and Peter turn on Emmet next.
Mini Power Rankings
(A quick rankings of the top players in the house.)
3. Suzette - She went from being public enemy number one to completely flying under the radar and might make it pretty far if the target stays off her.
2. Alec- Winner of the PoV competition and one of the main culprits in the plan to get tom out.
1. Gary - Gary is easily the most powerful player in the game right now and depending on what happens during double eviction night he could be in a lot of trouble.
(Here are some of my random thoughts.)
- Tom is seriously a poor loser and if he is sent home expect some insults to be hurled.
- Emmet orchestrated Tom's eviction and he doesn't even realize it.
- The pedicure section of the show was super creepy.
Running Cast Grade: B
(Last Episode: B-)
(Grading the cast on an episode to episode basis.)
With Tom blowing up, Gary's big move and the constant changing of alliances this season is starting to heat up. When the news comes out that Tom told Liza about the Quattro you can expect a lot more confrontation and isn't that all we really want from this show?