Big Brother Canada Recap
Andrew vs. Talla
This season has been pretty good if you compare it to the first season of Big Brother US season 1. If you compare it too any of the newer seasons well then that's you're own fault and I can't deny that this season isn't really that exciting. The few fights that we have had have been tame and mostly fueled by alcohol. The alliances have been weak to say the least and there is a floater, a coattail rider and a Canada's choice returnee in the final five. Has it been a season driven by characters? No. Did Big Brother do to much to affect the game? Maybe, but probably not. We won't know the problem until they put together a season that does excite and entertain for the whole two months. For now we are left with the final five that could probably sleep there way through the last day.
(Remembering the evicted house guest.)
Old Man Andrew, the oldest of the men in the house and also the crankiest. Every time Talla did something ridiculous you would let her know and by the end you were just blatantly punishing her with insults. You won enough competitions to get you to the final five and if you wouldn't have relied on Jillian and Emmet as much as you did you could have made it further. You bro-love for AJ will go down in history as the weirdest showmance in Big Brother and the way that you always told it as it was, may not have helped you, but was quite admirable. You were my initial pick to win it all and I'm sad to see you go.
Head of Household
(The HoH has all the power in the house.)
Competition: What the Dunk?
The three remaining eligible players were each seated on dunk tank planks about a dunk tank full of freezing cold Canadian water. They had to remember nine pictures they had been shown earlier and answer true or false questions about them. If they got it wrong or answered to quickly they would be dunked, the person with the least amount of dunks or zero dunks would win the HoH.
(If you want to know the HoH competition winner highlight the space after winner.)
(Here are some of my random thoughts.)
- The Andrew/Talla argument was the best fight of the season. The fact that they both had had a few beers made it even better. Andrew screaming stuff like "THAT'S HORSE SHIT" make me like him more and more.
- Just so everyone knows the Sheyld, spells there name with a 'y' "because, why not?" I wonder if they spell if they spell it Jury or Jurie?
- The Mom's were the best part of the episode. They both seemed to be amazing and supporting parents, especially Gina "Glitter."
- Talla definitely dropped an F-bomb on live TV.
- The Jury house segments are the worst because Talla and AJ are so boring. Alec and Peter were great when they were telling the other two about their alliance. I could watch days straight of Peter pretending to deal with Topaz now that they both have nothing to win or lose.
- Surprise eviction to get it down to 3 before next Sunday, live feeds shut down on Sunday and the last episode of Big Brother Canada After Dark is this weekend. Looks like they are gearing up for a pretty great season finalke. I hope.
Running Cast Grade: C
(Last Episode: B-)
(Grading the cast on an episode to episode basis.)
The Andrew and Talla was the best thing about the episode and the fact that it involved alcohol only proves my point that they should have been flooding the house with magic water. Instead we end up with a final four of Talla, Jillian, Emmet, and Gary. If Jillian or Emmet win the HoH I'm worried that neither of them will make the right move and get rid of the other and to see Jillian and Emmet in the final two would be very anticlimactic. With that said the only real good scenario would be if somehow Gary goes to the end with Emmet and Emmet wins, not only is that probably the best case scenario for fans , it seems the most likely. Hope fully we get some Survivor Season 1 Jury member speeches so that the finale is unforgettable.